Side two is progressing nicely: This evening I must tackle the ends. Hey ho. Advertisements
I decided to join 😀 Isn’t it looking big!
I can’t decide whether I should start joining on to the first half, or whether to keep the two halves separate until the second half is a lot bigger. I am full of indecision. And it’s really not a complex one! But it matters in terms of where I use colours, and if I join … More Mini update number thirteen
One side of the cushion cover is done*, hurrah! Onwards and upwards. I’ve started making motifs for the other side. I’m not going to join straight on to this half, I’m going to ‘grow’ towards it slowly. There’s still the sides to do, obviously, but still, I’m nearly halfway done 😀 *ignore the ends, that’s … More Mini update number twelve
This particular section has definitely proved the trickiest bit so far: Because I’m trying to keep it ‘organic’, I’m not just working from the centre out to the edges. I’ve worked several different clusters of flowers into one piece, so it ‘grows’ from more than one place. Sadly, that does mean I end up with … More Mini update number eleven
D’oh! I have managed to use the same colour too close to itself, something I’ve been working hard to avoid. The dark pink. And the ends are already sewn in. Sigh. Ah well. Nobody else will ever notice, right? Edited to add: aha, spoke too soon. They are in fact slightly different!
Oooh, the heat this week has done a number on me! However, the wheelchair cushion cover is progressing nicely 🙂 As you know, I’m going to wrap it around both sides, which is why the lower half is trailing on the floor! The edges are starting to form in a couple of places (leftmost side … More Mini update number nine
Sometimes I do stupid things, like joining motifs together without realising that I’m leaving a hole in the middle… But! Problem solved 😀 It’s coming along really nicely. I want to straighten up the upper left side, at the edge of the cushion, and then fill in the rest of this side. (Don’t mention the … More Mini update number eight
It’s beginning to look quite substantial!! And I’m having so much fun creating lots of different flowers and petal shaped. The colours are just gorgeous and it’s endlessly entertaining to arrange and rearrange new motifs, deciding where to add them on to the main piece and where to add in some extra shaping before adding … More Mini update number seven
A bit of perspective about how much progress I’ve made…and how much I still have to do! Not quite half of one side. But not far off half!